Heathers the Musical AUDITIONS
November 20 @ 5:00 pm - November 29 @ 5:00 pm
ABOUT Heathers the Musical AUDITIONS
Heathers the Musical Auditions
Workshops Friday November 20th and Auditions 28th & 29th November.
Production is on May 2021.
Announcing… upcoming workshop and auditions for ‘Heathers the Musical’, our 2021 production with the talents of Cameron Lines, director; Ella Thomas Musical Director and Stevie Gallagher, Choreographer!
All ages needed.
Contact Jill de Joux at email@example.com
Based on the classic 1989 film, Westerberg High is ruled by a shoulder-padded, scrunchie-wearing junta: Heather, Heather and Heather, the hottest and cruelest girls in all of Ohio. But misfit Veronica Sawyer rejects their evil regime for a new boyfriend, the dark and sexy stranger J.D., who plans to put the Heathers in their place – six feet under!
- Heathers The Musical is the darkly delicious story of Veronica Sawyer, a brainy, beautiful teenage misfit who hustles her way into the most powerful and ruthless clique at Westerberg High: the Heathers. But before she can get comfortable atop the high school food chain, Veronica falls in love with the dangerously sexy new kid J.D. When Heather Chandler, the Almighty, kicks her out of the group, Veronica decides to bite the bullet and kiss Heather’s aerobicized ass…but J.D. has another plan for that bullet.
- VERONICA SAWYER – 17. She burns to be both cool and kind, but doesn’t know yet how to be both at the same time. Fierce sense of right and wrong, keen sense of ironic humor. Thinks she’s an old soul, but she’s still innocent enough to be blindsided by love/hormones (or shocked by cruelty). Voice: High belting required, up to Ab. Must have dynamic and stylistic range.
- JD – 17. He is darkly charismatic, compelling, attractive, charming on the outside yet very damaged on the inside. Keen smarts and strong inventive comedy. Voice: Strong, confident belt to at least an Ab, A preferable; wide emotional range.
- HEATHER CHANDLER – 17. Richest, hottest, most magnetic, cruelest girl in town. Relishes power and wields it like a scalpel – no fear, no patience, no mercy. Voice: Strong belt to F or higher preferred. Mezzo for chorus. NOTE: In certain choral songs Chandler can switch parts with her other Heathers as needed.
- HEATHER MCNAMARA – 17. Beautiful, innocent, stupid, can be mean on command if Heather Chandler orders it, but actually quite vulnerable and fearful. Voice: Strong belt to Db, D preferred. Soprano for chorus. NOTE: in certain choral songs Heather Mac and Duke can switch vocal parts as needed.
- HEATHER DUKE – 17. Whipping-girl of the 3 Heathers. When she finally becomes Queen Bee she wields power like a bulldozer. Alto for chorus. Voice: Strong belt to C, D preferred. Alto for chorus. NOTE: in certain choral songs Heather Duke and Mac can switch vocal parts as needed.
- MARTHA DUNNSTOCK – 17. Nicknamed “Martha Dumptruck”, the opposite of hot, confident, or popular. Huge and beautiful soul, optimistic even in the face of rejection. Voice: Strong belt to E or F, wide vocal expression.
- RAM SWEENEY – 17, Linebacker. Big, insensitive to the feelings of others, ruled by appetites. Voice: Strong Baritone, belt to G, some Falsetto useful.
- KURT KELLY – 17. Quarterback and Captain. Big, chiseled, rude, entitled, cocky. Mean, thinks he’s the brains in the friendship with Ram. Voice: Tenor, strong belt to Ab or A, some Falsetto. NOTE: in certain songs Ram and Kurt can switch choral assignment if, say, Ram sings higher than Kurt.
- RAM’S DAD / BIG BUD DEAN / COACH RIPPER – 40 to 45. Ram’s Dad: Former football player turned suburban Dad, has never outgrown his glory days in high school. Hates weakness, but capable of soul-searching when tragedy strikes. Also plays Big Bud Dean: JD’s single Dad. Big jolly personality that barely conceals the enormous rage bubbling just below the surface. Quite possibly a serial bomber. Also plays Coach Ripper: Stalwart, man’s man; quick to defend his players. Voice: Baritone/Tenor – power Country/Gospel belt to Ab, higher welcome. NOTE: Sometimes this actor has played Principal Gowan instead of Big Bud/Coach.
- MS. FLEMING / VERONICA’S MOM – 45 to 50. Ms. Fleming: Aging hippie teacher, still yearning for the day the Age of Aquarius reaches Ohio. Hungry for the spotlight, resentful of entitled youth. Also plays Veronica’s Mom: easygoing, distant, yet capable of laying down the law. Voice: Great belt up to C, higher always welcome.
- KURT’S DAD / VERONICA’S DAD / PRINCIPAL GOWAN – 30 to 45. Kurt’s Dad: Straight-laced, very conservative, also former football player. A simple guy, not book smart, you’d be happy to share a beer with him. Also plays Veronica’s Dad: Easygoing and distant. Voice: Strong Baritone/Tenor — power Country/Gospel belt to G, even higher better. Also plays Principal Gowan: Rumpled, burned out, hates conflict. 99
BOY 1 – Bitter Geek 16-18. A put-upon, bitter geek. Voice: Bari (up to F#) or Tenor (up to A).
- BOY 2 – Blowdried Preppy 16-18. A blowdried 80’s preppy. Voice: Bass (up to E) or Bari (up to G#).
- BOY 3 – Hipster Dork 16-18. Thinks he’s Ducky from ‘Pretty In Pink.’ Voice: Bari (up to F#) or Tenor (up to A).
- GIRL 1 – Goth Girl 16-18. A sullen goth girl. Voice: Belt to at least C# (a Soprano up to high A/B is also a plus).
- GIRL 2 – Stoner Chick 16-18. A fuzzyheaded stoner chick. Voice: Belt to at least C# (a Soprano up to high A/B is also a plus).
- GIRL 3 – Young Republicanette 16-18. A tennis-playing, uptight Student Council type. Voice: Belt to at least C# (Soprano up to high A/B is also a plus)